These raw tacos are one of the best recipes ever! For anyone who thinks raw is just cold, boring vegetables try this recipe. I have fooled many meat-eaters with the walnut and carrot taco “meat.”
Raw Tacos (makes 6 large tacos)
- 1 c. walnuts (chopped)
- 1 c. carrots (chopped)
- *can also add ¼ c. beets for color
- 1-2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teas. cumin
- ½ teas. coriander
- 1 teas. paprika
- ¼ teas. chipotle or chilli powder
- 1-2 TBS liquid aminoes or ½ teas. salt
Use romaine or other lettuce like you would use a taco shell, for crunchy texture use cabbage.
Then fill taco with walnut meat, avocado, pico de gallo, cashew cheese and sour cream. Feel free to add any other foods you like on tacos. Enjoy!!!
-Make walnut meat in food processor, add carrots and beets first then walnuts, onion, garlic and spices. Mix until similar texture to taco meat.
-Cut up 1 avocado into thin strips.
-Chop ½ cilantro bunch and 1 onion, 2-3 tomatoes, and 1 jalapeno pepper without seeds (optional) to make pico de gallo for garnish.
-Top with cashew sour cream and nacho cheese (see following recipes)
Cashew Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews (soaked for at least 4 hrs)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 TBS water to start (add more to make creamy)
Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and add enough water to make consistency like sour cream.
Cashew Nacho Cheese
- ½ cup soaked cashews (soaked for at least 4 hrs)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 small tomato
- ½ red pepper
- ½ teas. tumeric
- ½ teas. oregano
- ¼ teas. chipotle (optional to give a little spice)
- ½ -1 garlic clove (optional)
- 1-2 TBS nutritional yeast (for cheesier flavor)
- Pinch of salt
Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and add a little water (if too thick) or more nutritional yeast (if too watery) to make a nacho cheese consistency. Can use as topping or a dip for veggies or kale chips.