One of my favorite grocery stores, Food Fight! (vegan grocery store) is now carrying Rescue Rub! They are carrying Boo Boo Balm and Sore Muscle Salve. I’m super happy because this is actually benefiting two amazing farm sanctuaries: Green Acres Farm Sanctuary and Out to Pasture Sanctuary. If you are in the Portland area and didn’t know that Food Fight! opened up a second location (on Halsey and NE 112th) you should come and check it out. Both locations are carrying Rescue Rub. Plus there is a new vegan coffee shop next to their new location, Jet Black Coffee. I got a decaf mocha and it was amazing!!!
Here is some more information on the two products they are carrying:
BOO BOO BALM:
- Rescue Rub Boo Boo Balm is a totally vegan and organic salve made with calendula and St. John’s Wort infused extra virgin olive oil and candelilla wax (from the wax slipper plant). This is more of a ointment/salve combination.
Candelilla wax gives protection over cuts, scrapes and burns.
St. John’s Wort:
- An amazing herb for healing burns and injury to the skin. It has many anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. For healing tissues while alleviating pain as well.
- Great herb for healing trauma and reducing inflammation. It promotes cellular repair and is great at healing wounds. Gentle for all skin including babies and good for any skin irritation.
Lavender Essential Oil:
- Anti-microbial and anti-viral. It has a balancing affect of promoting circulation and also promoting relaxation.
Chamomile Essential Oil:
- Promotes relaxation and is anti-inflammatory. It is safe and soothing for all ages and promotes healing.
Directions: Use on any minor scrapes, wounds, and burns. If the skin has a deep gash or severe burn please get medical attention. Since this is a medicinal grade salve do a patch test first. Can put Boo Boo Balm around an injury instead of over if the injury is too deep.
SORE MUSCLE SALVE:
- Rescue Rub for Sore Muscles is vegan, organic and non-GMO. The base is unrefined shea butter, extra virgin olive oil and candelilla wax from the Mexican wax slipper plant. These are hypoallergenic and non comedogenic. Shea butter is full of Vitamin E, is great for all skin types and very soothing. Extra virgin olive oil is loaded with antioxidants like Vitamin A and E, also great for all skin types.
- Arnica is great for healing trauma and injury. It can be used topically for sprains, strains, superficial burns, and relief of arthritis. Arnica is anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antimicrobial.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- Anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongesting, antibacterial and stimulating. This helps to promote blood flow to promote localized healing.
Peppermint Essential Oil:
- Considered to be cooling, reduces heat and inflammation around an injury. Very aromatic so it increases localized circulation and blood flow to promote healing.
Rosemary Essential Oil:
- Great for reducing both acute and chronic pain. Can help with boosting our immune system and alleviating pain from arthritis.
Cinnamon Essential Oil:
- Very warming to promote circulation, this warming ability is what really helps to relieve pain and balance the cooling properties of the other oils.
Directions: Use on any tight/sore muscles, chronic pain, arthritis, strains, sprains and trauma. Since this is a medicinal grade salve do a patch test first. Also avoid contact around eyes or open wounds and mucous membranes.
Hope you can stop by Food Fight! to check out their awesome stores and then you can even get some salve too! If you aren’t local you can order my salve on etsy.