Last night I got to try some amazing brownies that my brother made… they were super moist, rich and delicious! The ingredients are simple and takes only a few minutes from start to finish, to eating!!! He got the recipe from the The Rawtarian Blog and I believe only made one change in the recipe. Instead of doing just cacao powder he used 1/2 cacao and 1/2 cocoa powder. I like using cacao, but for those of you who want that really familiar chocolatey taste, try doing 1/2 until your palette really enjoys the super food cacao.
Super Delicious Raw Brownies (from The Rawtarian)
1 cup pecans (you can use walnuts in a pinch, but pecans are much better!)
1 cup dates
5 tablespoons raw cacao (cocoa) powder
4 tablespoons shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
2. Add dates to the raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to this raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
4. Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
5. Refrigerate this raw brownie recipe for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled. By the way, this is actually a raw brownie recipe that keeps its shape! So it can be good for serving to non-raw fooders because the presentation of this raw brownie recipe is good when chilled.
6. Store this raw brownie recipe in the refrigerator if it lasts that long!